Lanes

Go down

Lanes

Post  Stankey on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:25 pm

I like to think im not that bad at drafting, based mainly on game experience and slightly on knowledge. I acknowledge that there are ppl in the clan that know a bit more in that respect then i do, and id be stupid to not take advantage of that. So heres your chance to tell me your favourite, or good lanes. I seem to be good and getting 5 heroes that work well together (most of the time) and having a solo or wateva, but getting good lanes is something that is hard to think about in 45s when your rushed. So yeah let me know some good ones, dejas fav omni/pudge etc and once i saw recently lina/niax which tends to own. well i saw it own vs warlock/spec but do ok vs lion/sk cus they hav stun lol. Ive been watching a few dota replays just to get an idea. My lame attempt at research before the SSDL, but i shal learn from u also. I mean u cud tell me in the game, but theres only 45s lol.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lanes

Post  DR on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 am

Lina + naix fits the role of set up stun + follow up stun, where the follow up tends to be an aoe one that might have delay in aiming, such as leshrac, lina, pirate, or a trickier one like potm. Set up stuns can be any stun that is easy to aim. Tends to be an offensive lane.

Lock + spec is a baby sitter + baby sat lane XD. Usually the baby sitter just denies/harasses like a mad man, and tries to keep the baby on high hp with heals from spells or if necessary items. Baby tends to be a carry that needs the farm and can't get the farm easily. Tends to be a defensive lane. Bad positioning can still result in them being stomped by aggressive lane.

Not much to say really, those are the "general stereotype" lanes you might get.

In a game where the enemy picks tinker/sf we might consider having an aggressive double lane mid to counter them. It is easier to counter sf than tinker with a solo, but the number of solos that can do that well aren't high, and don't neccessarily guarantee success Razz. Or alternatively we put a random solo with some ganking capability and have a roamer keep coming mid to gank (I saw an amusing game recently where it was PA vs SF mid, and this was a serious competitive game, basically PA's team kept sending in gankers against sf to keep him down, another game had naix vs tinker, but I havent watched it, same thing applies?).

Es potm, NA zeus, pirate + set up, naix + follow/ set up can all function as aggressive lanes. In fact you could even put naix + pirate in a lane together against sf or something.

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:34 am

Naix + X = Win
Cause he lanes like a mad cunt
Deja.Voo
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:23 pm

i wouldnt like to meet a mad cunt tbh, might hurt.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:17 pm

I've met one.

Her name was Racquel...

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content