New Weaver

Go down

New Weaver

Post  Crypt on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:21 am

6.61 is out and weavers watchers have been changed!

Urna Swarm:
============
Summons scarabs from corpses. The Scarab can burrow and become invisible.
While it is unburrowed, it is visible to the enemy and has an Infestation
ability. Has collision when unburrowed.
Magic Immune.

Cooldown: 14/11/8/5
Movement Speed: 450
HP: 200
Armor: 6
Bounty: 26-38
Burrowed Vision: 400/400
Normal Vision: 1400/1400

Infestation: Can suicide to Silence enemy units 275 aoe around it for 3 seconds and deal 20 damage per second (non-stacking).

The burrow and unborrow bascially has no delay or time in it, so you can unborrow and explode the beetle instantly and they have freakin 450 MS, spell immunity, 5 sec CD for epic harrass and good micro = perma silence during teamfights... GG?

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Weaver

Post  Genkidesuka on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 am

It's a really good change. Weaver used to be a horrible, easy to play hero. Now at least he requires some sort of micro and also has some sort of team fight presence.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:58 pm

yeah but silence imba? i think that wil get nerfed a bit.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Yeah if you stacked up like 5 or something, you'd pretty much have perma silence in a teamfight... but you'd also need uber micro cuz 275 aoe aint that big. I reckon what they cud do to nerf him a bit is make the explosion of the scarabs have like a tiny delay so u have to be careful when aiming... of course a stun or something wud make it a clear hit but still, requires a bit more skill.

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 am

yeah and cooldown on burrow. u cud just send 1 scarab on each player, and shift click f. silencing whole team for 3s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Requires a lot of micro and is entirely random and will not achieve best results (such as silencer global where he can time it how he likes, its up to their team instead).

Also means you are down to 3 (max) moving wards.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 pm

does true sight let u kill burrowed ones?? Or radience still kill them?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:10 pm

If burrow works anything like it does in starcraft then true sight definitely works on them. However afaik they're magic immune when burrowed.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 am

Well really I don't see it as anywhere near a massive buff. Its a nice change which added to a hero that kinda needed some sort of change. Played it a few days ago and the beetles are pretty kewl silence is not too bad like you probably need to burrow the beetles in a place prior to ganks or something to make it effective. And the dps is pretty much void probably just meant to counter blinks or something. So yea I think its a good change I'm pretty sure you can still do the tp to beetles trick with tinker that you used to and all round just adds another hero to be considered in the pool. Also makes him a really safe carry with lower CDs on WW and beetles basically voiding any chain nuke combos that could really hurt you. Trick will be being able to actually carry with him as hes pretty much crap in that respect.

On another note Genki was saying that silencer now plays more as a support bitch. Any thoughts? I think there is a game recently that Loda plays a support-ish Silencer so that'd be interesting to see as hes pretty much failed at carry since about 48b
Deja.Voo
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am

Yeah I think I saw that replay, I think Silencer should be more to counter chain strats more than just a solid one-size-fits-all pick, while being able to deal out a decent bit of damage. Not sure how you would lane him though, since if you let him solo then he's your carry, but if you lane him, who/what would you lane him with? He cant really do much in a lane other than glaive stuff from about lvl 5 onwards, although curse of the silent is a lot better now, not sure if thats a valid excuse to forgo stats though =/ It might work when laning against low mana heroes like sand king, since 50 dmg/25 mana burned per second for 2/4/6/8 seconds isnt too shabby at all and should work a bit like NA in a lane. I dont think he should be played as a complete bitch hero since he would be way too squishy and weak if he did that, sorta more like backup DPSer with teamfight ability, i.e. semi-carry

A quick note tho, the last word aoe is massive but, a bit iffy to rely on since it can be shutdown very easily by some sort of silence, so he'd probably have to be a last pick after we've seen that they dont have a orchid user or doom or something.

And I agree he's a lil meh for a full on carry. His damage is meh, even though it is pure, it still doesnt come close to some of the damage other carries will do e.g. Razor doing +200 at level 7, so he's not the best dpser around. Only way I see him working is to tank up and just stick around for last word to help your teammates out (in which you'll do even LESS damage), and as stated above last word is countered quite easily... So all in all, not a good carry lol

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ssiterl on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:26 am

so rad doesnt work on burrowed beetles?
but BoT works on burrowed beetles...
dis is STUPIDDDDDD

ssiterl
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DR on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:38 am

stated above last word is countered quite easily... So all in all, not a good carry lol

Animation cancelling no longer stops it going off.

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 pm

DR wrote:
stated above last word is countered quite easily... So all in all, not a good carry lol

Animation cancelling no longer stops it going off.

Crypt wrote:
the last word aoe is massive but, a bit iffy to rely on since it can be shutdown very easily by some sort of silence,

No I wasnt talking about animation canceling... If silencer gets silenced (by doom or something) last word gets deactivated... Thats what I was talking about anyway

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 pm

well radience isnt a spell? I dont think u can BoT to burrowed, i thing u have to unburrow. And id guess rad kills burrowed ones. But im likely wrong.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Doom is a pretty specific spell... It stops everything, after all. Have you tested it with other silences?

They're magic immune when burrowed. You can TP to towers who are also magic immune... so I don't see why that would stop BoT. But it would stop Radiance as it is based off (Permanent) Immolation.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:24 pm

I know you can BoT on the scarabs, since Ive done it before, as for the doom thing... According to playdota.com, any sort of silence i.e. orchid, krob silence etc. will turn off last word.

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DR on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:41 pm

I suppose everyone sees the irony in silencing silence to stop him silencing? XD

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 pm

does that mean u can still cast seer's immolation on a borrowed scarb and it may work?
PIB
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 pm

yeh crypt but can u tp to burrowed ones?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Ok just tested the scarab thing with a friend... And yes BoT does work on burrowed beetles!!!

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm

ok cool, cus might be a bit of a giveaway if u had to unburrow then tp. So now just the radience question. Oh and cleave dmg, that shud kill tho.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down