Silencer... The new NA?

Go down

Silencer... The new NA?

Post  Crypt on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Basically saw this replay this morning where loda pretty much dominates his potm/slardar lane with aoe curse of the silent, effectively working like an AoE NA with his drain. At level 2, its 200 hp and 100 mana drained over 4 seconds, which sorta forces the slardar/potm to spam their spells uselessly and pretty much dominating the lane. This keeps going on until Miracle sorta fails his SK epi and the ES blocks him off from the enemy =/ which ends up in a fast countergank from scourge, resulting in many deaths :S

Anyways the replay link is here:
http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/replays/21651

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silencer... The new NA?

Post  Crypt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:31 am

Btw what do you guys think of him? I kinda go off the Loda playstyle for Silencer where basically he just farms and sits in lane for the first few levels, keeping enemy mana burned and harrassed enough to farm easily (while also killing them), and then a little later on when he has last word, participating in teamfights etc.

Tae thinks he should gank more if I go curse but... meh, curse is more of a lane controller imo, more than a gank spell, seeing as you can either cast it first in a gank and let them cast a spell, or u can cast it as they run in which case, the mana burn sorta goes to waste anyway (they would have already casted their stuns and spells etc. during the gank)... not to mention he doesnt have any slow or stunning spells hence making him useless for ganks. I would say participate in teamfights once last word is up at a decent level (which I failed to do in that IH =/ bleh oh well gotta practice more).

Also another discussion point I wanted was what items to get on him. Tank up or dps? If you dps I would go something like guinsoo with int treads and some nulls, while tank up might be something like str treads, necrobook/shivas, linkens. DPS would be more like old silencer build, however you would be very squishy so you would have to be careful when to initiate. Maybe if we had some big aoe users like Nigma DPS may be viable, but otherwise go tank build so that he can teamfight decently with his last word aura and hopefully the kills should make up a bit of damage for +int.

Anyways thats what I think of him, but I would like some other opinions on him.. what are your thoughts?

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

he definately needs some health, even if it is just some strength treads and a few nulls or bracers. Even with just those items and a decent level, he has an annoying dmg output. Regardless of your hero crypt, if the enemy is 5 man pushing your rax, then you need to defend it and get in the teamfights. Especially so if your silencer. It makes it so less likely that they will initiate a fight on your team. Because heroes like enigma cant blink in and cast his decay thing, and then bh. and when i was NA, i was way less likely to go for a hero if your standing next to him, or even near. Because i cant get off my chain and get out. You dont need last word to be lvl 4 before u participate in teamfights. The teamfights were a pain in the ass when you were there, when you werent at the end there, we killed all four (with no losses) and rax'ed.

As for builds, hes flexible, which is nice, so you can adapt to the game. Like u got necro book vs NA, which is fine. Or he can guinsoo (as long as he gets str treads and some stats) vs a "need 2 hex" hero.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:21 pm

yawn....... I was going on about how wicked the aoe mana drain before i left two weeks ago.... yet you were all giving me shit about wanting to use him.... unless something changed with him in the new dota version i say AH Ha, I was right Razz
PIB
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Well dont look at me I wasnt playing dota 2 weeks ago Razz but yeah, the mana drain is really good against lanes like SK + 2nd stunner, where they sorta end up wasting a stun or getting mana burned which keeps them squashed down and unable to gank etc.

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Quite a big change to his CotS made it much more viable Pib Smile

He really does have terrifying teamfight presence, especially against heroes like Lina/Leshrac/Enigma/QoP/Storm etc. New Last Word is incredible... and yes, new CotS is still really only a laning spell. So I wonder if skill build should be something like CotS/Glaive/CotS/Glaive/Glaive/Global/Glaive/Word/Word/Word/Global...?

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ssiterl on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Glaive/Cots/cots/glaive/cots/ult/cots/glaive/glaive/word/ult/word . . . . .
tats what i did.
cots is very useful at start of game to lane contol
but not really in late game
coz every1 pretty much spams skills
havnt tried in ih so im not so sure how it will go
I like how dey give +1 -1 int even tho u dnt actually kill the hero

But still
I wud say going glaive/word/ult then stats is better
if u have lane control on ya
cos in late game its more last word and ult that helps in fights
and stats do come in handy
meh

depends on how u play it, opposite lane etc
Loda just gave another way of using silencer

ssiterl
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:06 pm

I wouldnt level Curse more than level 3 since you really shouldnt need much more than 150 mana drain and 300 hp drain, and as you stated its somewhat difficult to use in a teamfight, so I would finish off glaive and start on word after ulti. I dont think last word should be leveled before 6 just because having that lane control can mean so much later since it could mean the difference between enemy SK getting a late blink or something similar to that extent. Also the idea behind him imo is that we need to send him where hes needed, so if hes laning something like viper or razor, I would say change lanes and send him elsewhere rather than changing his build to fit that lane by going glaive/word.

Crypt
Grunt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum