hero's and item combos/ builds

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hero's and item combos/ builds

Post  PIB on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey all, just been playing around with Puck (my new Fav hero) and tested him with linkins, which in my mind could be a mean combo with phase shift, plus the linkin's 15+ stats and hp/mana regen...........what ya think?>
PIB
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hero's and item combos/ builds

Post  bjchance on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:12 am

I'm personally not a big linkens fan, but I am a big puck fan. And as a big puck fan I think there are items that serve a better purpose than linkens.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:01 pm

im still a big fan of getting enuf mana to keep u going. then getting heart asap. with the hp and mana ur spells take care of the rest. plus u will be doing ok dmg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

continuation of puck items

Post  PIB on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:42 pm

But likins with its new 20 sec cd and phase shift with 3 sec out of battle ever 6 secs, wouldnt it make a nice combo if you orb in- silence- shiva- phase out of any dmg, ur allies kill the rest..... could make a ncie gank... or if u had skadi instead of shiva????
PIB
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:38 pm

yeah i guess it could, i like shiva, but game normally over by the time i get heart. so dont have time, but yeah id get shiva then skadi. i guess u can do ur linkens thing if u want. but wats the point of having spell protection if u got silence? u just get some stats and regen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Played a game against zues/jug/potm and found ti useful in many ways, learning pahse shift just as jug tries to ulti u, then linkins to cover your ass mas zues bolts u, then phase shift wen potm tries to stun. with linkins i found puck is on like 2.3k hp anyway
PIB
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm even less of a bkb fan that I am of linkens, but bkb > linkens on puck. With proper items (BoT, heart, shivas, rad, ect) Puck is more than just a setup/nuker/support hero. I've learned that puck can easily take on more than one hero. And per say you are doing a big team battle and you orb in and then silence/shiva instead of using phase shift to lose a valuable three hits that you can do, just activate BKB to keep you safe from enemy disables and spells.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:21 pm

i would much rather have linkens than bkb. You loose the mana regen that puck really needs early game to be able to kill/escape and stay out farming. bkb is an expensive item just to have an avatar u can activate, esp when he has silence anyway. Because by the time you activate bkb they will probably be running anyway and not too worried about casting spells at you.

For the sake of an extra 1400g you get an extra 5stregth, 15 agility, 15 intel, 6hp regen (plus extra str), 150% mana regen (plus extra intel). and you deal 3 less dmg, but big whop really. I just think you would be too weak early/mid game and due to that late game. I know you said with the other appropriate items, but your not gna b able to get them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 pm

The only part I disagree with you on Stankey is:

" I know you said with the other appropriate items, but your not gna b able to get them."

In a non-em game that I host or is US/CA hosted I can easily get Shiva's in 16-18 minutes. From there I'll have heart by 23-26, saying I don't get any kills, and from that point on its easy farming. My base build is regular boots, void stone and 8tango's. From there its straight mystic staff annd shiva's follows very quickly after that.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:40 pm

i meant ur not going to be able to get them if u go bkb as ur first big item. I get boots of spd, tangos (as always), 3 nulls, void, heart, then normally game is over. But i can make either guinsoo or linkens with void depending on the opposition and shiva. Also the order i get those in depends on the individual game. Puck is awesome but he needs the mana (nulls & void) and health (heart) or else he just plain dies. I also get only lvl 2 phase shift so i can get stats earlier. i dont normally need longer than the lvl 2 shift. Maybe my style of play is different to yours but i would find that if i rushed shiva, i wouldnt have much killing or living power until i actually made the shiva. I also dont like getting void without some extra intel, cus its not as effective. Plus it doesnt increase ur mana pool, and theres nothing worse than orbing in and finding out u dont have enough mana to cast ur ulti and silence, and orb back out if you need 2 escape. I hate it when u cast the orb and then dont have to 60 mana or wateva it is 2 swap lol. I died a few times doing that Razz. Jugg is also a pain in that respect, how he dusnt have enough mana to ww then ulti at early levels.

Also just realised this should probably be moved to Dota Stratagy? Just a thought.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I agree on the nulls, but I dont get phase shift untill lvl 14+, solely for the purpose of getting stats. And in doing so I actually sometimes prefer going 2bracers versus 3 nulls. BKB would be my last or one of my last items.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Yeah i dont get phase shift until i have maxed first 2 spells and got ulti. Some games i dont even get it if there is not a need. But i defenately get it if im laning a tiny, sven, venge, centaur or the like.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:34 pm

You know magic spells take you out of phase shift right?
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:26 pm

um no they dont? i use it to dodge centaurs stun and stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Hmmm, scatter shot and pulse nova have both brought me out of it.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:36 pm

maybe they bring you out of it, but you definately dont get damaged or stunned. Thats the whole point of the spell.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:09 am

I dno I'll have to check into this one a little bit more.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DR on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Maybe you bring yourself out? Scatter shot is physical btw I'm sure... If you are hit by potms arrow, you wont take damage, but youll be stunned (assuming auto cast). I dont use puck enough to know what happens if you do it before it hits Razz.

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:22 am

Well I did a little more research into this and I've figured out that AoE non trigger spells can remove the phase shift, such as scatter shot. Take for example Leshrac's ultimate, Pulse Nova. It only triggers if someone is near you, therefore you would be safe in phase shift for at least a few seconds. However it seems that spells such as Hoof Stomp, all of Earthshakers spells, and Earthquake do not take you out of it.
bjchance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DR on Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Thats weird, wouldn't that be a bug then? Since the only things that should bring you out is... yourself Razz

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 pm

But the scatter wont do damage right?

I played this guy the other day who had it on auto cast and i couldt hit him with potm's arrow because it would just auto phase shift lol.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DR on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Scatter shouldn't do damage. Well at least while your in phase shift anyway.

DR
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Tue May 13, 2008 9:24 am

DR wrote:Scatter shouldn't do damage. Well at least while your in phase shift anyway.

Good thing it hits you for like... 50 anyway? I laugh whenever I see a level 3 sniper with scatter. Always makes my day. Just like those people that go Nuke/Steroid on Slayer.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey on Tue May 13, 2008 5:49 pm

nuke/steroid?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka on Tue May 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Stankey wrote:nuke/steroid?